Saturday, January 20, 2007

Oh, and Sam Brownback, too

Kansas Senator Sam Brownback announced today on his Website (I detect a theme here) and in a speech in Topeka, Kansas that he will seek the Republican nomination. Brownback is a socially conservative Republican, with strong anti-abortion and anti-gay rights positions. Of all the Republican candidates who have announced so far, he is the most clearly in the "Christian conservative" camp. He mentioned on his Web video God, prayer, "and the wisdom to know the difference" (a reference to "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change . . . .".

I've been signing up to all the candidates email lists (it's always fun to see what the candidates are saying in their email). Brownback's sign-up is very confusing. There's a "join" link, but it's not clear what one is "joining." The "join" link takes a visitor to a page that requires your name and email address. But there are also two additional fields, one for "display name" and one for "user name" and it's not clear what those are or what that means. There are also little red arrows underneath each form field, and they are quite confusing. They don't seem to do anything. After filling in the fields, it just takes me back to the home page - no "thank you" for signing up. Not professional. Unlike the other websites so far, there is no blog.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Okay, I just signed up for email from the Clinton and Obama campaigns. Makes me want to do a research project on this election. But. I. Must. Finish. My. Diss.

Jenny Stromer-Galley said...

LOL Anna.

I understand exactly where you are. To start new projects or finish old ones? As a pisces, it's in my astrological make up to start new projects without finishing old ones - and I have to constantly battle my impulse to do exactly that!